HISTORY OF LUNG WAH

 

 Built in 1938 and founded in 1950, Lung Wah Hotel enjoys a long history of more than 70 years, which attracts patrons at home and from abroad. It was the first postwar  two-story building in Shatin with dining area and reception on the ground floor and 7 tastefully furnished suites upstairs.  

After thriving for some three decades, hotel operation ceased in the 1980s while the alfresco restaurant endured and remains popular until today, attracting especially fans who have a taste for the mid-century modern decor of checkered tablecloths and woven vinyl lawn furniture.